1. The first Tirthankara of the Jains was:
2. With which of the following is the classic “Jivaka Chintamani” in Tamil associated?
3. Where did Lord Buddha breathe his last?
(B) Bodh Gaya
4. Gandhara school of art came into existence in
(A) Hinayana sect
(B) Mahayana sect
(C) Vaishnava sect
(D) Shaiva sect
5. Who, according to the Budhists, is believed to be the next incarnation of Gautam Buddha?
6. Which among the following ‘MATH’ is related with Buddhism?
7. Which among the following is the sacred book of the Buddhists?
8. Ashoka called the Third Buddhist Council at-
9. The tutor of Alexander, the Great was
10. Who propounded the ‘Eight-Fold Path’ for the end of misery of mankind?
(B) Gautam Buddha
(C) Adi Shankaracharya
11. Buddhism made an important impact by allowing two sections of society into its fold. They were
(A) Merchants and Priests
(B) Moneylenders and Slaves
(C) Warriors and Traders
(D) Women and Sudras
12. ‘Buddha’ means-
(A) The Enlightened one
(B) The Religious Preacher
(C) The Genius
(D) The Powerful
13. Name the clan Buddha belonged to-
14. Which of the following is not one of the animals carved on the Sarnath Pillar?
(A) Humped Bull
15. Mention the place where Buddha attained enlightenment-
(B) Bodh Gaya
16. Which one of the following was the last Buddhist text produced In India?
(A) Divya Vandana
17. Identify the Buddhist Literature from the following:
18. The early Buddhist scriptures were composed in:
(A) Prakrit texts
(B) Pali texts
(C) Sanskrit texts
(D) Pictographical texts
19. Gautama Buddha was born at
(C) Bodha Gaya
20. Who was the mother of Mahavira?
21. The paintings of Ajanta depict the stories of
22. Lord Mahavira died at
(A) Saravana Belagola
(B) Lumbini Garden
23. Which language was mostly used for the propagation of Buddhism?
24. Buddha gave his first religious message at-
25. Mahavira was born in a Kshatriya clan by the name of-
26. The Third Buddhist Council was patronised by-
(C) Mahakashyap Upali
27. In which language were the Buddhist-texts Pitakas’ composed?
28. Buddhism in Nepal was introduced during the reign of-
29. Which ruler founded the famous Vikramshila University for the Buddhists?
30. During whose reign did the Gandhara School of Art blossom?
(D) Chandragupta II
31. Vaishakha Poornima has a great significance because it was on this day-
(A) Buddha was born
(B) Buddha got enlightened
(C) Buddha died
(D) All of the above
32. Which of the following are beliefs of Buddhism?
(A) The world is full of sorrows.
(B) People suffer on account of desires.
(C) If desires are conquered, nirvana will be attained.
(D) The existence of God and Soul must be recognised.
(A) A, B, C and D (B) B and C
(C) A, B and C (D) B, C and D
33. Which of the following is not the “Tri Ratna” of Jainism?
(A) Right faith
(B) Right knowledge
(C) Right view
(D) Right conduct
34. ‘Prince of Piligrims’ was the name attributed to
(B) Hiuen – tsang
35. The Jaina literature is known as-
36. Where was the first Buddhist Council held?
37. Which of the following ruler was a contemporary of Buddha?
(D) Mahapadma Nanda
38. What is ‘Milind panho’?
(A) A Buddhist place
(B) One of the names of Buddha
(C) A Buddhist Specimen of Art
(D) Buddhist text
39. Which one of the following is not a sect of Buddhism?
40. Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha together are known as-
41. Mahavira’s first disciple was-
42. Vardhman Mahavira is also known as
(B) Great teacher
(C) Great preacher
43. Which one of the following is not included in the ‘Eight Fold Path’ of Buddhism?
(A) Right Speech
(B) Right Effort
(C) Right Desire
(D) Right Conduct
44. The Buddhist monk who spread Buddhism in Tibet was-
45. The site of birth (nativity) of Gautam Buddha is marked by:
(A) a monastery
(B) a “Rummindei Pillar” of Ashok Maurya
(C) a statue
(D) a Peepal Tree
46. Chinese travellers visited India primarily because-
(A) They were interested in Buddhism
(B) They were invited by ten Indian kings
(C) They were interested to study Indian culture
(D) They were interested to stay in India
47. Which of the Kushana ruler patronised Buddhism?
48. A collective term used by the Jains for their sacred books is-
49. In which of the following mudra did Gautam Buddha delivered his first sermon at Saranath?
(A) Abhaya Mudra
(B) Dhyana Mudra
(C) Dharmchakra Mudra
(D) Bhumisparasa Mudra
50. With which religion is Kaivalya associated?
51. To which Ganarajya Gautam Buddha belonged?
52. In Buddhism, ‘Bull’ is related to what incident of Buddha’s life?
53. “Desire is the cause of all sufferings”. Which religion promoted this?
54. Which one of the following ruler was not contemporary to ‘Buddha’–
(C) Ajat Shatru
55. Who was Mahavira?
(A) 21st Tirthankara
(B) 24th Tirthankara
(C) 23rd Tirthankara
(D) 22nd Tirthankara
56. Who was the founder of Jainism in India?
(C) Chandra Gupta
57. Which of the following is Parinirvana place of Mahavira?
58. Who was the last ruler of India that adopted Jainism in his last days?
(A) Samudra Gupta
(C) Chandra Gupta Maurya
59. The first Buddhist Council was held at_______.
60. ‘Tripitakas’ are sacred books of_______.
61. A collective term used by the Jains for their sacred books is-
62. The language in which Buddha preached?
63. From which monument, Gautama Buddha propagated his divine knowledge of Buddhism to the world?
(A) Humayun’s Tomb
(B) Mahabodhi Temple Complex
(C) Qutub Minar
(D) Red Fort Complex
64. In which Indian Religion, there are 24 tirthankaras?
65. Santhara is a religious ritual of ______ community
66. Chandragupta Maurya was an ardent follower of__________.