1. Arrange the following in chronological order:
4. Ilbari Turks
(A) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (B) 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
(C) 2, 4, 5, 3, 1 (D) 4, 5, 1, 3, 2
2. Who was the last ruler of Lodi Dynasty?
(A) Bahlol Lodi
(B) Ibrahim Lodi
(C) Daulat Khan Lodi
(D) Sikandar Lodi
3. Who was the founder of the city of Agra?
(A) Firoz Tughlaq
(C) Alauddin Khilji
(D) Sikandar Lodi
4. Which one of the following battles led to the foundation of the Mughal rule at Delhi?
(A) Third Battle of Panipat
(B) Second Battle of Panipat
(C) Battle of Haldighati
(D) First Battle of Panipat
5. When did the reign of Delhi Sultanate came to an end?
(A) 1498 A.D.
(B) 1526 A.D.
(C) 1565 A.D.
(D) 1600 A.D.
6. Who was the founder of Lodhi dynasty?
(A) Daulat Khan Lodhi
(B) Sikandar Lodhi
(C) Bahlol Lodhi
(D) Ibrahim Lodhi
7. Battle of Panipat was fought in the year 1526 between Babur and _________.
(A) Rana Sanga
(B) Muhammad Bin Tughlaq
(C) Hemu (D) Ibrahim Lodi
8. The Bahmani Kingdom was founded by-
(A) Ahmad Shah I
(B) Alauddin Hasan
(C) Mahmud Gavan
(D) Firoz shah Bahmani
9. Who got the monumental ‘Rayagopurams’ in front of the temples at Hampi, Tirupati, etc.,
(B) Krishnadeva Raya
(D) Raja raj
10. Which of the following powers did not fight for the Tungabhadra Doab?
(A) Pallavas and Chalukyas
(B) Cholas and later Chalukyas of Kalyana
(C) Golconda and Ahmadnagar Sultanates
(D) Vijayanagar and Bahmani kingdoms
11. Who is considered as the greatest of all the Vijayanagar rulers?
(A) Krishnadeva Raya
(B) Vir Narasimha
(C) Sadasiva Raya
(D) Rama Raya
12. The medieval city of Vijayanagar is now known as-
13. The rulers of Vijayanagar promoted-
(A) Hindi, Marathi and Sanskrit
(B) Malayalam, Tamil and Sanskrit
(C) Tamil, Telugu and Sanskrit
(D) Telugu, Urdu and Sanskrit
14. Krishna Deva Raya was a contemporary of-
15. Name the river on the banks of which the city of Vijayanagar is located?
16. The capital of the Bahamani Kings was-
17. Krishnadeva Raya maintained friendly relations with the-
18. The remains of the Great Vijayanagar Empire can be found in-
19. Chand Bibi the famous Muslim ruler belonged to which kingdom?
20. Krishnadevaraya built the Krishnaswami temple in Hampi, which is situated in the
present state of:
(C) Jammu & Kashmir
21. Famous Battle of Talikota was fought in-
(A) 1565 A.D.
(B) 1575 A.D.
(C) 1585 A.D.
(D) 1570 A.D.
22. Who was the first Vijayanagar ruler to wrest the important fort of Goa from the Bahamanis?
(A) Reva Rayali
(B) Harihara I
(C) Harihara II
(D) Bukka I
23. Which dynasty was ruling in Vijaynagar empire at the time of the Battle of Talikota?
24. The city of Vijayanagara is also known as-
25. Which battle led to the downfall of the Vijayanagar empire?
(A) Battle of Takkolam
(B) Battle of Talikota
(C) Battle of Khanwa
(D) Battle of Panipat
26. Who among the following did not ruled the Delhi Sultanate?
(A) Slave dynasty
(B) Sayyed dynasty
(C) Khilji dynasty
(D) Ghori dynasty
Ans : (D)
27. Which of the following pair is INCORRECT?
(A) Hiuen Tsang – China
(B) Ibn Battuta – Morocco
(C) Magasthenes – Greece
(D) Fa-Hien – Malaysia
28. In which century, Qutub Minar of Delhi was built?
(A) 12th Century
(B) 13th Century
(C) 14th Century
(D) 11th Century
29. How many Mahajanpadas were there in ancient India?
30. Marco-polo, a famous traveller, was native of which country?
31. Set the following dynasties in chronological order of their period of rule.
1. Khilji Dynasty
2. Lodhi Dynasty
3. Tughlaq Dynasty
(A) 1, 3, 2 (B) 3, 1, 2
(C) 2, 3, 1 (D) 3, 2, 1
32. Who was the founder of Kushan Empire?
(B) Vima Kadphises
(C) Kujula Kadphises
33. What was the capital of Pallava Dynasty?
34. Prince Khurram was the name of the future Emperor _________.
(A) Shah Jahan
35. _________first became the capital of a kingdom under the Tomar Rajputs.
36. Noor Jahan was the wife of which Mughal emperor?
37. Prithviraja III (1168-1192) was a best known ___________ ruler.
38. What was the name of architect of Humanyu’s Tomb?
(A) Man Singh
(B) Baram Khan
(C) Mirak Mirza
(D) Abul Fazal
39. Gol Gumbaz was built in which century?
(B) 16 th
(C) 17 th
(D) 18 th
40. Akbar was __________ years old when he became emperor.
41. ________ was imprisoned for the rest of his life by Aurangzeb.
(B) Shah Jahan
42. Buland Darwaza is located in-
(A) West Bengal
(C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu
43. ________, succeeded to the throne of Ferghana in 1494 when he was only 12 years old.
44. Prince Salim was the name of the future Emperor _________.
45. Charminar was built by?
(B) Mohammad Quli Qutub Shah
46. The Mongols under ___________ invaded Transoxiana in north-east Iran in 1219.
(A) Timur Lang
(B) Nadir Shah
(C) Ahmed Shah Abdali
(D) Genghis Khan
47. Indian Mughal paintings originated during the rule of which Mughal Emperor?
(D) Shah Jahan
48. Dara Shikoh was killed in conflict with his brother _______________.
49. The Arabic work of Al-Biruni that gave an account of the subcontinent is called __________.
(A) Kitab – Al Hind
(B) Kitab – Al Bharat
(C) Pustak – Al Hind
(D) Pustak – Al Bharat
50. Which dynasty came to power in India after the Tughlaq dynasty?
(A) The Guptas
(B) The Khiljis
(C) The Mughals
(D) The Sayyids
51. In 1528, __________ defeated the Rajputs at Chanderi.
52. Who has built the Vijay Stambha (Tower of Victory) in Chittorgarh?
(A) Maharana Pratap
(B) Rana Kumbha
(C) Rana Sanga
(D) Kunwar Durjan Singh
53. The Tomar Rajputs, were defeated in the middle of the twelfth century by the Chauhans of ____.
54. Group of Monuments at Hampi was built by?
(A) Harihara and Bukka
(B) Udayin and Shishunaga
(C) Devavarman and Vainya
(D) Mahendraverman and Sirmara
55. The Red fort in Delhi was the residence of emperors of which dynasty in the 16th century?