Rise of Magadha indian History Objective Questions Answer
1. Which area of India was known as Avantika in ancient times?
(A) Avadh (B) Ruhelkhand
(C) Bundelkhand (D) Malwa
2. The ‘Ajivikas’ were-
(A) Sect contemporary to the Buddha
(B) Breakaway branch of the Buddhists
(C) Sect founded by Charvaka
(D) Sect founded by Shankaracharya
3. Which ruler murdered his father, Bimbisara to ascend the throne?
(A) Ashoka (B) Ajatshatru
(C) Kanishka (D) Simukha
4. Alexander and the army of Porus camped on the opposite bank of which river?
(A) Ravi (B) Jhelum
(C) Sutlej (D) Chenab
5. Arrange the following Magadhan dynasties in chronological order:
I. Nandas II. Shishu nagas
III.Mauryas IV. Haryankas
(A) IV, II, III and I (B) II, I, IV and III
(C) IV, II, I and III (D) III, I, IV and II
6. King Kharvela was the greatest ruler of the Chedi Dynasty of
(A) Cholamandalam (B) Kalinga
(C) Kannauj (D) Purushpur
7. Name the kingdom which first used elephants in wars-
(A) Kosala (B) Magadha
(C) Champa (D) Avanti
8. Whose army did Alexander the Greek ruler confront on the banks of the river Jhelum?
(A) Chandragupta Maurya
(C) Dhanananda (D) Porus
9. Name of Republic which was a confederacy to tribes in the 6th century B.C.-
(A) Gandhara (B) Vajji
(C) Koushal (D) Avanti
10. Which one of the following scholar, challenged Invincible Yajnavalkya for debate?
(A) Ghosha (B) Apala
(C) Maitreyi (D) Gargi
11. Which of the following ruler was responsible for the rise of Magadha?
(A) Bindusara (B) Ajatshatru
(C) Bimbisara (D) Vasudeva
12. Which dynasty ruled over ‘Magadha’ after Mauryan Dynasty?
(A) Satavahan (B) Shunga
(C) Nanda (D) Kanva
13. Nalanda Mahavira site is in
(A) Rajasthan (B) Assam
(C) Bihar (D) Gujarat