1. The first Indian ruler, who established the supremacy of Indian Navy in the Arabian Sea was:
(A) Rajaraja I
(B) Rajendra I
(C) Rajadhiraja I
(D) Kulottunga I
2. In Tamil literature the glorious books ‘Shilppadikaram and Manimekalai’ are related to
3. How was Burma (now Myanmar) known to ancient Indians?
4. Which dynasty succeeded the Chalukyas in the Western India?
5. Name the capital of the Pallavas?
6. Arabs were defeated in 738 A.D. by-
7. St. Thomas is said to have come to India to propagate Christianity during the reign of the
8. Harshvardhana was defeated by-
(B) Pulakesin II
9. The Hoyasala’s capital was
10. Sangam Age is associated with the history of
(C) Tamil Nadu
11. Beetapala and Dhiman, the two great artists that India had produced, belonged to the-
(A) Pala Age
(B) Gupta Age
(C) Maurya Age
(D) Pathan Age
12. Which Chola king founded the city of Puhar?
(A) Rajendra Chola
13. Chalukya king Pulakesin – II was defeated by-
(A) Mahendra Varman-I
(B) Narasimha Varman-I
(C) Parameswara Verman-I
(D) Jatila Parantaka
14. The Rashtrakuta kingdom was founded by-
(A) Danti Durga (Danti Varman)
(C) Govinda III
(D) Indra III
15. Which of the following option is matched?
(A) Ellora – Shakas
(B) Mahabalipuram – Rashtrakuta
(C) Meenakshi Temple – Pallavas
(D) Khajuraho – Chandelas
16. The most distinguished ruler of the Chalukyan dynasty was-
(A) Jayasimha II
(B) Vikramaditya VI
(C) Somesvara II
(D) Pulakesin II
17. Which of the following was the capital of the Chola Kings?
18. The capital of Pallavas was-
19. Which one of the following Chola Kings conquered Ceylon (Singhal) first?
(A) Aditya – I
(B) Rajaraja – I
(C) Rajendra Chola
20. Who was the Chola king who brought Ganga from North to South?
(A) Raja Raja Chola
(C) Rajendra Chola
21. The Chola kings were ruling over-
(A) Tamil Nadu
22. Coins made of metal first appeared in-
(A) Haerappan Civilisation
(B) Later Vedic Age
(C) Age of the Buddha
(D) Age of the Mauryas
23. Mention the centre of the Roman trade during the Sangam Age-
24. During the reign of which Pallava ruler began the long drawn struggle between the Pallavas and the Chalukyas?
(A) Mahendravarman I
(C) Narasimhavarman I
(D) Mahendravarman II
25. From which modern State did the Alwar saints orignate?
(A) Tamil Nadu
26. Pulakesin II was the greatest ruler of the-
(A) Cholas of Tamil Nadu
(B) Chalukyas of Badami
(C) Chalukyas Kalyani
(D) Pallavas of Kanchi
27. The Uttaramerur inscription provides information of the administration of the-
29. Which one of the following inscriptions related to the Chalukya king, Pulakesin II?
30. Who was the contemporary South Indian ruler of Harshavardhana?
(B) Pulakeshin II
(D) Chikkadevaraja Wodeyar
31. Ravikirti, a Jain, who composed the Aihole Prashast, was patronized by
(A) Pulakeshin I
(C) Pulakeshin II
32. Which of the following was the early capital of the Rashtrakutas?
33. Which of the following is not true about Ajanta Caves?
(A) They are in Maharashtra
(B) They are decorated with Buddhist Art
(C) They depict the techniques used in Ancient India
(D) They do not contain paintings of flora and fauna
34. What is the Mehrauli Pillar in the complex of Qutub Minar Primarily famous for?
(A) Proverbial height
(B) Skilful stone cutting
(C) Excellent quality steel
(D) Statue of Buddha on top
35. Which script was used in Ashoka’s inscriptions?
36. The capital of the Mauryan kingdom was located at-
37. Where is the Brihadeshwar temple, built during the Chola period, located?
38. The school of Indian art which is also known as the Greek-Roman-Buddhist art is the _____ school
39. Harsha moved his capital from ___ to ____.
(A) Thaneswar, Kannauj
(B) Delhi, Deogiri
(C) Kamboj, Kannauj
(D) Vallabhi, Delhi
40. Who were the patrons of Sangama Literature?
41. Who was the first ruler of Pala dynasty?