1. The home of Gargi, Maitrey and Kapila was at
2. Which of the following Vedas provides information about the civilization of the Early Vedic Age?
3. The most crucial text of Vedic mathematics is:
(A) Satapatha Brahman
(B) Atharva Veda
(C) Sulva Sutras
(D) Chhandogya Upanishad
4. Which of the following Craftsmanship was not practised by the Aryans?
5. The words “Satyameva Jayate” in the State Emblem of India were taken from-
(B) Sama Veda
(C) Rig Veda
6. Who is hailed as the “God of Medicine” by the practitioners of Ayurveda?
7. The word ‘Veda’ means-
8. Which metal was first used by the Vedic people?
9. The caste system of India was created for:
(A) Immobility of labour
(B) Recognization of the dignity of labour
(C) Economic uplift
(D) Occupational division of labour
10. The origins of Indian music could be traced to
(A) Rigvedic Samhita
(B) Yajurvedic Samhita
(C) Samavedic Samhita
(D) Atharvavedic Samhita
11. The crop which was not known to Vedic people is
12. The staple food of the Vedic Aryans was
(A) Barley and rice
(B) Milk and its products
(C) Rice and pulses
(D) Vegetables and fruits
13. The tax which the kings used to collect from the people in the Vedic period was called –
14. Which one of the following stages of the life of man in Aryan Society, in ascending order of age, is correct?
(A) Brahmacharya – Grihashta–Vanaprastha –Sanyasa
(B) Grihastha–Brahmacharya–Vanaprashta– Sanyasa
(D) Grihastha – Sanyasa – Vanaprastha –Brahmacharya
15. The Rig-Vedic Aryans were a pastoral people is born out by the fact that-
(A) There are many references to the cow in the Rig-Veda
(B) Most of the wars were fought for the sake of cows.
(C) Gifts made to priests were usually cows
(D) All of the above
16. The Aryans succeeded in their conflicts with the pre-Aryans because
(A) They used elephants on a large scale
(B) They were taller and stronger
(C) They were from an advanced urban culture
(D) They used chariots driven by horses
17. Who among the following was the pioneer of Yoga?
18. Who among the following was not a physician?
19. The first grammarian of the Sanskrit language was
20. Which one of the following Vedas contains sacrificial formulae?
(A) Sama Veda
(B) Rig Veda
(C) Yajur Veda
(D) Atharva Veda
21. Subject matter which Manu Smriti deals with is related to :
22. Name the temple in Combodia where scenes from Ramayana and Mahabharatha are depicted-
(C) Angkor Wat
23. The term ‘Upanishad’ Literally implies-
(C) Sitting near
24. The Sage who is said to have Aryanised South India, was-
25. The origin of Indian music can be traced to which of the following Vedic Samhitas?
26. The Earliest Settlements of Aryan tribes were at
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Sapta Sindhu
27. Who compiled the tales of “The Panchatantra”?
(B) Veda Vyasa
(C) Vishnu Sharma
28. The first to invade India were the-
29. Find the odd one:
(C) Vishnu Purana
30. The Veda which deals with the rituals is known as-
31. From where the famous ‘Gayatri Mantra’ has been taken?
(B) Atharva Veda
(C) Rig Veda
(D) Sama Veda
32. Recognize the medicinal trio of ancient India from the following options-
(A) Charaka, Sushruta, and Bharata
(B) Charak, Sushruta and Patanjali
(C) Charak, Sushruta, and Banabhatta
(D) Charak, Vatsyayana, and Banabhatta.
33. The Upanishads are the _______.
(A) Great Epics
(B) Story Books
(C) Source of Hindu Philosophy
(D) Law Books
34. Who was the eldest brother among the Pandavas?